Balance and find your roots in Tree Pose. Get your daily yoga inspiration with our beautiful #happyinpineapple yogis performing the Tree Pose (Vrksasana). Tree Pose grows confidence. This basic pose strengthens the buttocks, thighs, calves, ankles and spine; it stretches the groin and the inner thigh, the chest and shoulders. It calms and relieves stress. Tree Pose is kid-friendly, so you can encourage your little one to practice yoga with you wearing some cute printed matching leggings. Read the steps for how to do the Tree Pose correctly.
Instructions to achieve this basic pose:
- Stand with your feet together, inner ankles and inner knees touching. Bring the hands together at the center of the chest. Exhale, root down through your feet, and feel steadiness.
- Shift your weight onto your right foot. Bend your left knee, and move it toward the chest. Keeping a long spine, reach down and clasp your left ankle. Place the sole of the left foot on the inner right thigh.
- Press your left foot into the inner right thigh and your right thigh into your foot in an effort to maintain your midline.
- Square both hips to the front of the room, keeping your left knee moving out to the left.
- Firm your outer right thigh by contracting the quadriceps muscles, or the front of the thighs. Zip your belly in and your lower ribs together. Lift the chest and bring the shoulder blades down.
- Take 5–10 deep breaths, finding length on each inhale and rooting down with each exhale.
- Repeat on the other side.
Show us your fave yoga poses on IG using #happyinpineapple and #pineappleclothing! xo