Gluten-Free Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
It wouldn’t be a desserts recipe list if it didn’t have something chocolate included. It’s hard to think something with chocolate can be healthy, but alas! There is a way. This chocolate recipe has a fraction of the fat and calories but has all of the chocolate flavor packed in.
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped, plus 1 ounce broken into 4 equal pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 6 packs of Stevia
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop (23.5 grams) chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- Microwave Earth Balance and chopped chocolate in a large bowl, stopping to stir often, until melted, about 1 minute.
- Whisk Stevia, eggs, cocoa, vanilla and salt into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine almond flour, protein powder and baking powder.
- Whisk the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between 4 (6-ounce) ramekins or mugs.
- Press 1 chocolate piece into the center of each cake.
Microwave at 50 percent power for 45 seconds. Cake should be slightly wet around edges of mug and a bit drier toward the center. Let cake rest for 2 minutes.