Cereal Tarts with Yogurt and Fresh Fruit
Fruity and yummy, if you’re craving a little something sweet without the fat and calories and plus a little nutrition, this is the recipe for you.
- 5 c. cornflakes
- 1 c. pecans
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp. maple syrup
- 16 oz. plain yogurt
- 16 oz. vanilla yogurt
- 2 c. Fresh fruit
Making the tart shells:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place eight 4-inch round tart pans with removable bottoms on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place the corn flakes and pecans in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade and process until combined -- 10 short pulses.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to a large bowl, drizzle with the melted butter, and toss to combine.
- Stir in the maple syrup. Evenly divide the cereal mixture among the tart pans and press along the bottoms and sides to form shells.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Assemble the tarts:
- Remove the shells from the molds and transfer each to a serving plate.
- Mix yogurts together and top each tart shell with 1/4 cup of yogurt and 1/3 cup fruit.