Once you open the door to the world of baking, the possibilities are endless! This recipe offers an example of different baked goods categories. If you and your little one enjoy baking together, make it an ongoing thing and learn how to bake different items each time and watch how quickly you both become baking pros! Who knows...it may even inspire a career path for her someday!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 c minus 2 tablespoons (8 1/2 ounces) cake flour
- 1 2/3 c (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 c (284g) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 c (8 ounces) plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 c (10 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp. McCormick vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 lb chocolate chips or chunks original recipe calls for chopped dark chocolate
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy – 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed and add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for24-36 hours.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS REFRIGERATION.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.